Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Growth Spurt

I think I am going to invent a special spa package for mothers when babies go through their growth spurts..or maybe just a bottle of wine that is so outstanding and rewarding that a mother can forget that her baby is going through a growth spurt.  Every book and article that I have read about growth spurts give such a quick, nondramatic account of what will take place during a growth spurt.  It usually states that it is around 3 weeks, 6 weeks, (I have blocked out the next one for right now) that the baby will want to feed constantly, and it can last a few days.  UH where is the dramatic part???  The part that states your baby will cry and cry and NOT sleep.  That he will want to feed ALL the time and you will be even more sleep deprived than you already are?  Plus you will worry that maybe it isn't a growth spurt but maybe he is sick?  Or maybe there is something wrong with the baby.  Welcome to Week 7 at the Betz Household!!  Are you getting the picture???  It started Sunday and its Tuesday.....I was so looking forward to posting for this week because from Monday of last week to Saturday Joseph slept 6 hours straight and skipped his midnight feeding.  I was thinking this is it, we are finally starting a nighttime routine.  I can do this.  We made it through the hell of the first month......AND THEN THE GROWTH SPURT!!!!!!!!!!!   Hopefully next week I will have better reports and I don;t have to write the word growth spurt for a LONG time...if another one is coming up please don;t tell me for at least another week. 

Questions for the week:
Is the above described scenario common?
When did you start introducing a rattle?


On a better note, here are some pics of the big guy for the week.......


No comments:

Post a Comment